Sunday, January 18, 2015

Reflections


Yesterday, January 17th, was my mother's birthday.   It was a sad time, she passed fifteen years ago, and is deeply missed.
  
It gave me time to think about my life, and how I was living it.  I am not so foolish as to believe that I could possibly live my life as she lived hers.  Times were different then, not easier, just different. Expectations were different then too!!

Remembering how things were when I grew up, I am thankful that my children are grown now.  This world has changed.  Not a place where I would want to have children and raise them.  Although, I know and understand that it is doable with GOD's help. 

This past year has taken me on quite a journey.  To places that I really did not want to go, but survived. Learning to take one moment at a time, knowing that time is precious and not promised.
That is one lesson that is particularly hard for me, I am one who loved thinking and planning ahead.  Even if my plans did not work out, I was always writing them down and trying to figure them into my life.  So every day I work on living in the moment and being thankful for those moments.  
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

1 Corinthians 10:13Amplified Bible (AMP)

13 For no temptation (no trial regarded as enticing to sin), [no matter how it comes or where it leads] has overtaken you and laid hold on you that is not common to man [that is, no temptation or trial has come to you that is beyond human resistance and that is not [a]adjusted and [b]adapted and belonging to human experience, and such as man can bear]. But God is faithful [to His Word and to His compassionate nature], and He [can be trusted] not to let you be tempted and tried and assayed beyond your ability and strength of resistanceand power to endure, but with the temptation He will [always] also provide the way out (the means of escape to [c]a landing place), that you may be capableand strong and powerful to bear up under it patiently.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment